Global

Iran video threatens missile strikes on UAE, Saudi Arabia

Iran video threatens missile strikes on UAE, Saudi Arabia

However, before IS' initial statement on the attack, the Ahvaz National Resistance, an Arab opposition movement to Tehran, claimed they were behind the attack.

Iran said it has identified the separatist perpetrators of a deadly attack on a military parade and arrested 22 people who helped the assailants.

While mourners gathered at a funeral procession in Ahvaz on Monday, Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alav promised revenge against those responsible.

"Saudi Arabia's policy is clear regarding its non-interference in the domestic affairs of other countries", the Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency. "I think what Rouhani needs to do is he needs to look at his own home base", US ambassador to the United Nations Nikky Haley shot back at the Iranian president on Sunday.

Speaking at the funeral, Mr Alavi said intelligence ministry agents and other security personnel would catch all of those connected to the attack, adding that a majority were already in custody. "He can blame us [the U.S.] all he wants. The thing he's got to do is look at the mirror", Haley said.

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, on Monday linked the attackers to Iraq and Syria, where IS once had major strongholds.

"This cowardly act was the work of those very individuals who are rescued by the Americans whenever they are in trouble and who are funded by the Saudis and the (United) Arab Emirates", Khamenei's official Twitter account quoted him as saying. Iranian leaders blame the US and Israel for the carnage, and vowed revenge.

Iranian officials have said they believed the gunmen had links to an "Ahvazi terrorist group".

"This official campaign launched in Iran against the UAE is regrettable and has escalated since the Ahvaz attack", Gargash tweeted earlier this week.

Rouhani engineered Iran's 2015 nuclear deal with world powers that ushered in a cautious detente with Washington before tensions flared anew with Trump's decision in May to pull out of the accord and reimpose sanctions on Tehran.

The U.S. State Department also denounced the Ahvaz attack as "terrorism" and expressed sympathy for the Iranian people.

Four militants attacked the Saturday parade commemorating the start of the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, spraying the crowd with gunfire and killing 24 people.

The procession walked down the Naderi and Zand Streets, many weeping and beating their chests, a traditional way of showing grief.

Iran has not blamed the Islamic State for the attack, instead accusing a "triangle" of Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the United States, as IRGC acting commander Gen. Hossein Salami put it.

Monjazi was in the wheelchair watching the parade when the gunshots erupted and was unable to find shelter from the hail of bullets.

Mourners chanted "Death to the U.S." and "Death to Israel", casting blame for the attack that came as Iran faces unrest over its faltering economy, withdrawal of the US from the global agreement to limit Iran's nuclear programs, and the threat of additional USA sanctions in November.

On Saturday, Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani promised the Iranian government's removal at an opposition conference in NY that involved the controversial dissident group Mujaheddin-e-Khalq (MEK), which has been described as a cult and accused of deadly attacks in Iran.