Entertaiment

'Kevin Spacey Sexually Assaulted My Son'

'Kevin Spacey Sexually Assaulted My Son'

Former WCVB-TV news anchor Heather Unruh said Wednesday that actor Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted her then 18-year-old son at a restaurant on Nantucket in July 2016.

At the time of the alleged incident, Unruh's son did not report it "largely because of embarrassment and fear", she said.

Unruh said her son told Spacey that he was of the legal drinking age.

"Kevin Spacey bought him drink after drink after drink, and when my son was drunk, Spacey made his move and sexually assaulted him", she told a news conference in Boston.

Spacey is yet to comment on the recent allegation. Our sources say the alleged victim reported the incident to police by phone sometime this year. he lives out of state.

Police said they couldn't confirm a report was filed because sexual assault reports are confidential. An unknown woman stepped forward and told the young man to leave the restaurant. She said watching Spacey host the Tony Awards this past year and be celebrated as a man and actor was "hurtful".

Seated to her right at the press briefing was attorney Mitchell Garabedian, who has years of experience having represented victims of sexual abuse by the Catholic Church.

"He very much wanted my son to come forward and report it, but as I said ... with victims of assault, it's a very hard thing, "she said". "That was an appalling attempt to deflect attention away from what you really are: a sexual predator". She said the fall-out from the Harvey Weinstein sexual misconduct scandal had emboldened her to speak up against Spacey.

Since then, other allegations have surfaced and the Oscar-winning star said he is seeking "evaluation and treatment".

Rapp, the actor best known for his role in the Broadway production of "Rent", last week claimed that Spacey made sexual advances against him in 1986, when he was 14. "No other information will be available at this time". After the story and further allegations broke, Netflix announced it planned to end House of Cards after its next season. "We will continue to work with [production company] MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show". He said his client spoke with Nantucket police last week, and they are conducting a criminal investigation.